Laura A. Reames, M.A., LMFT, MFC 43292
Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist
Certified EMDR Therapist
About Me and My Practice
“Are you feeling stressed, depleted and stuck? Do you find yourself repeating behavior patterns that don’t help you move forward? Are you noticing you are drifting apart in your relationships rather than experiencing the closeness you desire?” I am Certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples and Certified in EMDR for trauma. Taking a step to seek help can open the door of hope.
Relationships are like a dance with predictable dance steps that either draw you closer or further apart. Do you want to dance a different dance? Are you ready to make changes that can move you closer to the satisfaction you desire? I am here to support you with compassion, genuineness and encouragement as you navigate through the challenges of your journey.
It is my belief in God, my belief in relationships and helping people over the years that moved me forward to become a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. My passion is empowering individuals, couples, children and families to see their strengths as resources in life’s challenges. New Beginnings are within Your Grasp — call for a counseling appointment.
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Couples Counseling
- Relationship Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Parenting Support
- Grief Counseling
- Work and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Life Transitions
- Women’s Issues
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- CRM (Comprehensive Resource Model) which scaffolds resources while processing trauma
- EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) for relationship challenges
- FSAP (Feeling State Addiction Protocol)
- Prepare/Enrich Relationship Assessment
|Mondays||9 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Wednesdays||9 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Thursdays||11 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Fridays||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
Insurance and Fees My fee is $145 for a 60 minute session. For EMDR, Feeling State Addiction Protocol and Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples, 60 – 90 minute sessions are recommended. I accept checks or cash for payment. If you need to cancel a session, leave me a voicemail 24 hours in advance at (916) 546-1444 in order to avoid being charged for a missed session. It is always important to speak to your insurance about your coverage and benefits. I accept the following insurances:
- MHN Managed Care
- Any Insurance PPO Out of Network
Forms (pdf forms) After contacting me and scheduling an appointment, fill out the appropriate forms below.
For New Clients — please complete the Client Intake Form below and bring it with you to the first appointment:
Additional forms for Couples Counseling:
For Coordination with another Provider:
Authorization to Exchange Information Form
Education and Specialty Training
- M.A. in Counseling, University of San Francisco, 2001
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC43292, June 2006
- Certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT)
- Certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma
- Counseling for adults, children, adolescents, couples and family counseling in private practice, in community mental health and in the domestic violence field.
- Groups focusing on parenting, women’s empowerment for survivors of domestic violence and in a lay capacity, women’s recovery groups for emotional health.
- Clinical Supervisor providing individual supervision and group supervision for MFT interns.
- CAMFT – California Association of Marriage Family Therapists
- ICEEFT – International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- EMDRIA – EMDR International Association
Additional Website: LauraReames.com
By Phone: (916) 546-1444
By Email: email@example.com
South Office, Creekside Counseling Associates
8861 Williamson Drive, Suite 40
Elk Grove, CA 95624
Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
Dr. Sue Johnson, Founder of Emotionally Focused Therapy
Emotionally Focused Therapy Soothes the Threatened Brain by Sue Johnson
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
What is EMDR?
EMDR Documentary Movie Trailer from EMDR in Action Website
Two Tools that help with Depression
What you Focus on, you Amplify. Video blog with Dr. Michael Yapko
The Merits of Play Video Blog with Dr. Michael Yapko
De-Stress and Relax
Enjoy the beauty of the Creekside while listening to the Relaxing Music
Piano Guys playing “A Thousand Years” from Christina Perri